Monday, February 1, 2010

BLTG for lunch


I was lucky with the baby again today, given that with this recipe I could set her in her high chair to watch me cook and also give her a little taste of fresh avocado (before adding the salt, of course). Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Guacamole is the name of this recipe, the idea for which I got from a diner at the mall. I made the guacamole myself, but it turned out a little on the salty side so I'm going to reduce the sodium measurements for you here.

Ingredients:

At least 4 slices of bacon
2 ripe Hass Avocados
1/8 tsp garlic salt
1/8 tsp sea salt
2 lettuce leaves, rinsed
1/2 Roma tomato, sliced
3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
2 slices of bread, toasted

Fry up the bacon nice and crispy and then set it to cool down on a paper towel atop a plate.

Meanwhile, put the bread in the toaster and slice your tomato. Peel and remove the pits from the avocados (and give your baby a taste if you like), then mash up and mix in a bowl with the two different salts. This is your easy guacamole; you can add a bit of cilantro and lime juice if you have it.

Pull the toast out when done and slather each half with mayonnaise, then layer the bacon first, then lettuce, tomato, and top with a few spoonfuls of guacamole.

Put the top half of bread on and enjoy!

Dinner tonight is going to be my famous hamburger/cheeseburgers, so I probably won't be blogging about it. But you can find the recipe to your right in my eHow articles, or I can link you to it HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment