Sunday, February 28, 2010

Easy Sweet and Salty Salmon

I'm just cooking for myself now, so portion sizes will be much smaller and some meals might be a little pricier, since I can afford to eat some nicer meals. My husband is out to sea for the next couple months, and the baby got her first taste of sitting in the grass in the sun today. I'm going to give the ingredients for four chunks of salmon, since you'll probably be cooking for more than just yourself. And I'm really sorry, but the baby distracted me and I forgot to take a photo of the result. I will next time, I promise!

Ingredients:

3-4 pieces of salmon, about 1/2 inch thick and 4 inches wide
1/2 cup real maple syrup
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
toasted sesame seeds
salt and pepper

Rinse off the salmon and pat it dry with a clean paper towel. sprinkle a little bit of salt and pepper on each piece. Mix the soy sauce and maple syrup in a bowl, then brush/baste it over the salmon fillets. Broil on high 8-12 minutes. After you put the salmon on the plates, drip a little of the remaining sauce on each piece then top with a few sprinkles of sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment