Monday, March 15, 2010

Fancy Cucumber Mint Sandwiches

I actually had a tea party today. No fooling, with china and everything. I made these for the friends that came over with mint from my garden. I got the recipe from The Paupered Chef. We had these with my artisan bread and a very good loose-leaf Earl Grey tea.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
2 tablespoons unsalted butter ( I ended up using salted regular butter and they tasted fine)
2 tablespoons cream cheese
6 slices of bread (more if it's a small artisan loaf)
3-inch length of cucumber
dash of ground black pepper

Pick off some mint leaves from your garden and rinse them all by hand, shaking them dry. Dice with a knife or use scissors to chop them finely into a bowl. Add the cream cheese, butter, and pepper and mix well, making an herb-paste. Spread this on either side of slices of bread and place cucumbers between to make sandwiches, slicing the results into triangles. Very tasty! Serve with cups of your favorite English tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment