Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuna Noodle Salad

This is kind of a shortened version of this salad that I usually make for lunches, as I didn't have a cucumber or tomato or celery....things I normally put into it. I wasn't even going to blog it, but I figured what the hell. The baby entertained herself watching me, as this only takes about ten minutes to make.

Ingredients:

1 box of either elbow noodles or multi-colored spiral noodles
2 cans chunk light tuna in water, drained
3-4 Tbsp light mayonnaise
1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 Tbsp dry parsley or 2 Tbsp fresh
pinch of dried basil

Cook the pasta for 8-9 minutes in boiling water. While that is cooking, combine the other ingredients in a large bowl (preferably one that can be covered easily). When pasta is cooked, drain it and run cold water over it til it's cooled down, then add the pasta to the bowl of other ingredients. Mix all well with a large spoon and refrigerate an hour til all is cold. Eat and enjoy! Feeds 8. Feel free to add other vegetables like I suggested above.

No comments:

Post a Comment