Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Pork Loin with a Different Twist

Well, don't I feel sheepish? Yesterday, after skimming the fat off the Ox Tail Stew and cooking it on low for an agonizing 7 hours in the Crock Pot (I say agonizing because the smell permeated the entire house and made our mouths water all day long), we finally ate the unbelievably delicious, rich, hearty stew. The meat literally sloughed off the bones, and even the bones were coming apart. Unfortunately, during our frenzy to get the food into our mouths, I forgot to take a photo of the finished product. You will just have to try it out for yourself. All in all, I think the stew cost me around $17 to make, leaving leftover veggies for later meals.

Tonight's dinner is pretty much the same as the Pork Loin with Apples that I made a week ago. The twist I made on it tonight was that after cutting up the sweet potatoes, I spread them about the pan and sprayed them with olive oil, then sprinkled them with a small amount of seasoned salt and cinnamon.
For the sweet apples, I opened my fruit drawer and realized I only had one apple left so I ended up using a pear as well; one apple, one pear, along with the butter and brown sugar, cinnamon, ground cloves, and as an added bonus a couple shakes of ground ginger. It was very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment