Friday, December 11, 2009

Egg and Sausage Breakfast a la Early



Yawn! Waking up before 7am with a baby can be tiring. I've been going to bed at the same time as her though, so between 9pm and 6:30am I usually only have to wake up a couple of times for feedings and have been getting 8 hours of sleep. Hooray! My husband had today off so I got up and made him breakfast while he played with the baby. The sausages were store-bought Jimmy Dean links, just thrown into a greased frying pan and browned well on all sides. The scrambled eggs are a throwback to my Dad's own recipe. They're pretty much the same every time, but you don't mess with tasty! Incidentally, since I made so much food the last couple of days we are going to eat leftovers tonight. I don't like being wasteful!

This morning's ingredients were:

5 eggs
1/4 cup milk
seasoned salt
pepper
1 tsp. parsley flakes
garlic powder
onion powder

Put all the egg stuff together in a bowl (I just use dashes, or 1/8 tsp. or so of the spices) and whisk together until frothy. Pour into a heated, greased frying pan on low-medium heat and continue stirring/scraping with a spatula so eggs get nice and fluffy.
I still have the bad habit of putting ketchup on my eggs no matter how good they taste, but my husband assures me my eggs are delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment