Saturday, January 23, 2010

Quick Marinated Steak


The baby is about 4 1/2 months old now and she is beginning to transition into sleeping most of the night and being awake most of the day, which means I'm exhausted on a daily basis now. So the meals I'm preparing for dinner, if I must prepare while my husband is not home to watch the baby, are getting cheaper and easier. After reaching my goal in the grocery store last weekend to spend less than $140, I am cooking lots of cheap meals this week. Tonight's is a chuck mock-fillet steak.

Ingredients:

1-2 pounds cheap steak
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp A1 sauce
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp garlic pepper
dash of ground mustard, if available

Drop all ingredients into a 1-gallon storage/Ziploc bag, close the top and mix together well. Reopen bag and put steaks in, then seal bag tightly with very little air and shake around/massage sauce into meat. Let sit in refrigerator marinating for 2 or more hours. Broil on high 4-5 minutes on each side, depending on your preference for doneness.

I had about 1.3 pounds of steak (2 steaks) so mine will serve 2 people, but this would be enough sauce for 3 steaks. Double the amounts to make 6 steaks. Serve with potatoes and peas or another green vegetable.

No comments:

Post a Comment