Sunday, January 10, 2010

Beef Teriyaki

Alright, give me a break, it was a Saturday night, and after 9 months of not drinking followed by barely drinking anything the last four months you can't blame me for getting drunk off one glass of wine! The recipe I was using called for 2 tablespoons of white wine, so I figured I might as well open a bottle of reisling and drink as much of the rest of the bottle as I could. My point is, I forgot to take any photos of the process or result. I can draw a picture if you want me to. Suffice to say, this stuff is delicious; my husband hates teriyaki but told me this was the best teriyaki sauce he'd ever had. Oh, and I was missing several items from the recipe I had so I substituted some ingredients to make this my own.

Ingredients:

1 1/2-2 lbs blade steak, sliced thin
ground black pepper
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp white wine
2 tsp cornstarch
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
2 scallions sliced thin or 3 Tbsp minced onion

Slice up steak. Drop veggie oil into large frying pan and heat on medium, then brown steak in pan. In small pot add all other ingredients and whisk together, heating on low-medium, until it comes to a boil. Simmer 2 minutes, then add sauce to the browned meat and cook on low another 2-3 minutes til heated through.

Serve over hot bowls of Nishiki rice, then sprinkle each serving with sesame seeds. Serves 3-4, depending on exact poundage of meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment