Thursday, May 20, 2010

Honey Glazed Carrot and Parsnip Side Dish

It's so nice having my husband home! I can just give our crawling, creeping baby to him and have my hands free to cook. We've been eating leftover Spareribs the last few days, but I wanted to add a real home-cooked side dish to our leftovers tonight. This is simple and feeds 3-4 people if you give small/normal servings (hubby and I ate it all ourselves though).

Ingredients:

3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
2 large parsnips, peeled and chopped
2 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp honey
1/8 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp basil
dash of cinnamon

Heat butter in a large frying pan on low-medium heat. Add the parsnips and carrots to begin cooking, coating in the butter. Then add the other ingredients, mixing all well and spreading out in the pan.

Flip the veggies over once and cook altogether about 6-8 minutes, until carrots are mostly soft. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment