Saturday, May 1, 2010

Breaded and Baked Catfish Nuggets

I shop as cheaply as possible these days, so when I saw a 3/4 pound package of fresh catfish nuggets for less than $2 I scooped it up. I'm not a big catfish fan, but it is fish so I figured it'd be healthy. It might not have been as fresh as I first thought, as it tasted really fishy, but for catfish I think this recipe was surprisingly good. It also afforded me the opportunity to cook and feed the baby her first egg yolk, which she enjoyed quite a bit.

Ingredients:

1 lb. (or so, give or take) catfish nuggets
1 egg white
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2-3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/8 tsp basil
1/8 tsp dill
1/8 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp parsley flakes

Spray a cookie sheet/baking pan with cooking spray. Add the lemon juice to the egg white and stir. Combine bread crumbs and spices, mixing well, then dump onto a sheet of waxed paper.

Rinse off the catfish nuggets and dry with a paper towel. Dip each nugget into the egg mix, then roll around in bread crumb mix until well coated. Place on baking tray and bake for 13-15 minutes at 400F. Feeds 2 people if seved with a veggie side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment