Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Simple Blueberry Crisp

Like I said before, I've had an empty frozen pie crust hanging out in the freezer for a few days now. There isn't a whole lot of room on the counter where I'm currently living, so I didn't really want to clear myself a space just to roll out one half of pie crust dough for a full blueberry pie. I've never had a blueberry crumble or anything before, so I pooled my memories of making an apple brown betty along with flavors that would fit a blueberry pie, and threw this little masterpiece together.

Ingredients:

1 frozen deep-dish pie crust shell
6 cups blueberries (thawed under warm water if using frozen)
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
dash of ground allspice

Set the pie crust on a pizza baking pan (for support) and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pour in the rinsed blueberries.

In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, then add the butter and mix until crumbles form.

Sprinkle all over the top of the blueberries, then bake for 35-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment