Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pea Salad (Side Dish)

It's been a long week or so of cleaning out the fridge, and the next few times I cook I'll actually be referring back to my own blog to find the recipes I need, so posting will be sparse til next week. However, last night I was able to try a new dish. I found a recipe online then tweaked it to my liking, and the results were very tasty. This only serves 4-6 people, though, so if you make it for a party you may want to double the recipe.

Ingredients:

4 slices thick-cut bacon
1 12oz package frozen peas, thawed and drained
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped scallions/green onions
2/3 cup light sour cream
2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt

Fry bacon in a large skillet until crispy, then allow to drain and cool on a paper towel. Crumble and set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine peas, celery, scallions, eggs, sour cream, mayo, and salt and pepper. Toss to mix well. Can be placed in the refrigerator for awhile until it's time to eat.

Just before serving, add the bacon pieces and mix well. Takes just a few minutes to throw together, but you should add at least 20 minutes to cooking time to account for boiling the eggs and frying the bacon. Very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment