Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Finally, an Update! Easy Quick Quiche

I apologize for the long lack of posting. I have spent the last three weeks moving to California with my family and getting things organized, and trying to relax a little. My in-laws did most of the cooking the first week or so, but I finally got a chance to use my skills this past weekend. It's so much easier having my husband at home to watch the baby while I cook!
I got this recipe from the Food Network, so I can't take credit for it, but I wanted to share it with you anyway since it turned out so well. And since frozen pie shells come in packs of two, I thought up my own version of a blueberry crisp to make as well (next post).

Ingredients:

4 eggs
1 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup real mayonnaise
2 tablespoons flour
1/3 cup minced onions
Salt and garlic powder
8 ounces shredded Swiss or sharp cheddar cheese
1 package frozen chopped spinach
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Hand whip eggs, half-and-half, mayonnaise, and flour in a medium mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into an unbaked 9-inch, deep dish pie crust. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the top is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment