Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fried Cod and Sweet Potato Baked Fries


My own take on fish n' chips, making due with whatever ingredients I had available. I got some frozen "True Cod" for about $3 and add in the 60-cent sweet potato and I've got a really cheap meal! My daughter sat next to the kitchen trying to scoot forward on her butt while I made this.

Sweet Potato Fries:

1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into thin strips
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
3 Tbsp olive oil

Cut potatoes then toss in a bowl with the olive oil. Spread on a large cookie pan and sprinkle the seasoned salt over all. Bake at 425F for 20 minutes, then turn fries over and bake an additional 8-10 minutes.

Fried Cod:

2 large cod fillets
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 Tbsp parsley flakes
1/4 ts ground black pepper
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup (or so) olive oil*

Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl. Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat.Once oil is hot, rinse fish under water and dip into dry mixture. Drop carefully into the frying pan and fry about 2-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.

Feeds up to 3 people. Yum!

*Please remember that in every recipe where I use "olive oil", I mean Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The brand doesn't really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment